Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Foiled

This week needed to be my Put Up or Shut Up Training week to be ready for Long Beach and what do I go and do? Twist my right ankle playing soccer. Worst.timing.ever. So now that my ankle is the size of an orange I have to hobble around and had to stop running. There is nothing more infuriating that wanting to go for a run and be thwarted by a soccer ball.

So what to do now? I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back out there. If by next Monday I can get at least a 5 mile run with no pain, then I'll do my best to get back on track. If this lasts longer than a week, then the LB Full is completely out of the question. Worse case scenario, I can still aim for the half.

This whole situation really ticks me since I feel I'm in my best running shape ever right now. ARGH. C'est la vie, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment