Monday, June 14, 2010

DailyMile

The best thing about running is the accomplishment.  Not so much the races or the medals, although those are nice, but much more the experiences. Those are the ones that make me the most proud.

A few months ago I signed up for DailyMile. This website is just like any other social network site but with one big difference: members post about their exercises. Most of the members are training for races of all kinds, be it 5Ks, 10Ks, Marathons or even triathlons. The community is very supportive and everyone is very friendly.

I've become friends with a few people from all over the country on the site. One of them, Mauricio is a Nashville resident, a very dedicated and am extremely inspirational triathlete. In May when the flood swept through his city he created a challenge on the website inviting us to run 18 miles and dedicate them to Nashville, its citizens, and the quick restoration of the city.

I was very touched by the situation and was compelled to finish the challenge as quickly as I could. Before the week was over I had gone out on 3, 5, and 10-mile runs and felt very proud to have completed the challenge.

A few days later Mauricio sent a message to all those that had completed the challenge thanking us for the support and giving away ten awesome DailyMile stickers. I've been wanting one of those for a while but this one would have a lot more meaning attached to it. So I contacted him and last week I received it!


I put the sticker on my computer since I take it everywhere and I want to display it proudly.

IMG_0248

Bad picture but you get the idea.

I'm proud of this sticker. It wouldn't mean as much if I would have bought it. So, if you haven't checked out DailyMile and you're interested in using a great tool to keep track of your training progress, and want to meet some really cool, friendly, and encouraging bunch go check it out!

1 comment: