Sunday, June 13, 2010

Running Solo

A lot of the people I know do not see running as their choice activity for staying in shape. So since I started I've very seldom gone on a run with someone who is into it as me. I've learned to enjoy being out there alone and have found my mind follows a regular pattern when out and about.

A typical run goes something like this:
First Couple of Miles: Complaining about my legs and being tired.
Next Miles: Listening to music, remembering shows, and counting how many other people are out working out.
Last Miles: Focusing on finishing, putting one foot in front of the other, and reminding myself I've run farther.

After getting home I come off the running high, check my time and post on my DailyMile page. For the last four months, this has been my running routine.

However, tomorrow I will be running with a partner for the first time.  This is the route we're going to take:


7 miler

This is going to be interesting.  Usually, I maintain my pace depending on how I'm feeling.  Sometimes I start slow and pick up later, sometimes I do the opposite.  Running with someone else will force me to maintain a pace that works for both of us.  OR, I will have to keep up if he's used to running faster than me.

I will find out all this tomorrow morning.  Wake up call is 7:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment