Friday, June 11, 2010

Thinking and Running

The more time I spend running, the more time I spend thinking about it. This has led me to noticed a couple of things. First, I work much better when I have goals to reach. Its a lot easier to get something done when you're doing it for a concrete reason. Second, I have to pay for races way in advance so I don't get lazy. Third, it's a lot harder to get up early to run than I thought. And fourth, I have to run for enjoyment, I can't let it become a chore.

Is this last one that has hit me the hardest. I've noticed that running Half marathons is what makes me happy at the moment. Fulls are not really something that drive my interest too much right now. I've always had a thing with timing myself and on a Half I can improve my time more than on a Full. So, I will scrap my plans to run the SF Full BUT I will run the 1st Half. I still want to run over the Golden Gate Bridge and I will not let that opportunity pass me by.

So for now, I'll get ready to do that, and look forward to completing the 10K of Keep LA Running on July 11th!!! I can't wait for that because I got Leksifer and N8I to run the 5k! Its fun to run with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment